Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions for Pet Owners 2014




As you can tell I have neglected to write posts because I was busy completing my new years resolution for 2013.  Now that I have completed this, I have more time to catch up on my Pet Owner obligations.  Here are my top resolutions as a pet owner.

1.  I will walk my dog more often.  Okay, okay, I will walk my dog period.

2.  I will brush my dog's teeth at least once a week.  Hey, give me a break, I'm trying to be realistic here.  Once a week is a big deal for me. :) Also, I did get her teeth professionally cleaned this year.  So, maybe that should be another resolution.  Getting my dog's teeth professionally cleaned every year.

3.  I will not feed my dog table scraps.  I am usually pretty good on this one since my dog has a sensitive stomach but I noticed the last time I weighed her in, she was a few pounds bigger.  Back to saying "no".

4.  I will organize my dog's shot records electronically.  I hate that when I go to board my dog, I practically bring in a stack of records.  If your anything like me, you are not using one vet.

5.  I will brush my dog's hair twice a week.  Darn those tangles!

6.  I will teach my dog a new trick.  Forget the old saying can't teach an old dog a new trick.  Dog's need their minds stimulated no matter what age. 

So far, these are my top pet owner resolutions.  Hopefully you will find inspiration to use one of mine or make up your own.  Feel free to share what it is.    


4 comments: