Monday, February 6, 2012

McGowan's Oakhurst Pub

Saturday was a wonderful weather day!!!  I made why way to the Oakhurst area to explore another side of Atlanta.  I found this interesting pub on top of a hill that looked more like a house than a restaurant.  When I went inside, I found beautiful art displayed on the walls and bars on each end of the building.  (BTW, you can actually purchase the art).  There was a dining area on the outside decorated in string lights.  (see my pictures taken below).  The wonderful thing about it is that they will let you dine outside with your dogs!  It is a very romantic setting for anyone going on a date or double dog date!  :) Those of you don't know I'm a big connoisseur of beer/wine and bit of a foodie.  I loved the selection of beer they had!  You won't find any domestic beer like Budweiser or Miller, which, sorry guys, is an extra bonus to me.  They had an excellent selection of food at a reasonable price.  I also would like to mention that the bartender was very charming and the "regular" patrons were very helpful.  As Julia Child would say "Bon Appetite"!


http://www.mcgowansoakhurstpub.com/

 McGowan's Oakhurst Pub
 
321 West Hill Street, Decatur, GA 30030
 
(404) 373-4702

No comments:

Post a Comment